These chicken quesadillas are a great alternative for “Taco Tuesday”! This simple recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make.
And what is even better? They are customizable! So feel free to add your own favorite ingredients.
Simple Chicken Quesadillas
This classic recipe uses seasoned chicken, cheese, and tortillas to create a balanced meal the whole family will enjoy!
- 2 Skillets
- Pizza slicer or knife
- 1 lb Chicken Breast cooked and shredded. Or use pre-cooked and shredded like I did!
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 10 oz can Rotel
- 4 Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
- 1 can Refried Beans (optional)
- In a skillet, combine shredded chicken, water, and taco seasoning. Cook on low-medium for approximately 5 minutes
- Preheat 2nd skillet to medium-high heat. Lay 1 tortilla into skillet.
- On only 1/2 of a tortilla, layer (optional) refried beans, 1/4 cup cheese, chicken, a spoon of Rotel (include some of the juice), and top with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Fold tortilla over and cook until one side is golden brown
- Carefully flip the quesadilla over to brown the other side
- Using a pizza slicer, slice quesadilla into 4 triangles. Serve with a side of cheese, salsa, or sour cream. Enjoy!
Serving: 1quesadillaCalories: 280kcalFat: 16gProtein: 21gCarbohydrates: 14g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!