Healthy Fruit Pizza:
A Fun Way to Get Your Kids in the Kitchen!
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
This high-fiber, healthy fruit pizza for kids is great for breakfast or snack time!
My 4-year old LOVES to help with food prep, so I am always coming up with new, creative ways that he can help in the kitchen.
Meal prep is a great way to provide food extra food exposures! Getting your kids involved in meal preparation, whether it is meal planning, shopping, or cooking, is SO beneficial when it comes to decreasing picky eating.
By providing food exposures before a new food ever shows up on their plate, they are more likely to eat it. Since it’s not the first exposure, the food will no longer seem new and scary.
Often times kids like to taste foods while prepping. Have you ever been slicing vegetables and suddlenly your little one can’t get enough? Prepping this healthy fruit pizza is no exception. It’s a great opportunity for parents to let kids try new foods without the added pressure that they often feel at the dining table.
Ways your child can help make this healthy fruit pizza:
- List making: Brainstorm ideas for toppings for the fruit pizza together.
- Shopping: Let them choose the fruit at the grocery store.
- Preparation: Let them help wash or cut the fruit. Lastly, they will add toppings to their pizza! Need some kid-friendly kitchen gadgets? There are many kid-friendly cooking utensils available. Like Tovla Jr. Knives for Kids
For more picky eating tips, check out our Free-Picky Eating Guide
And check out these other fun ways to get kids in the kitchen with all my favorite Amazon products for feeding kids!
Healthy Fruit Pizza
- 1 Whole Wheat English Muffin
- 2 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup berries or fruit of your choice
- Toast English Muffin as desired
- Spread cream cheese
- Let kids assemble fruit as desired